When I decided to build one of our Schlick Cycles Growlers for myself, I know pretty much what I wanted. A 1×11 SRAM Force 1 drivetrain, at least 40mm tires that would be at home on the dirt or the road, a high-quality wheelset and a Thomson cockpit. Mission accomplished and it rides even better than I expected!
The Growler line was made for us in Portland, OR by Zen Bicycle Fabrications shortly before they closed shop. Seems shorter run jobs like ours couldn’t sustain their business model but the fact remains that these Made-in-the-USA frames are excellent build quality and have some really well thought out features that make them perfect Allroad bikes. We still have a handful of these frames as well as the Velocity Aileron Pro Wheelsets that we spec for the builds and can custom build you a one-of-a-kind bike that will give you years of satisfaction. Contact us at email@example.com and let us help you spec out your dream ride!
Here’s the basic spec:
- $1399.00 – Frame and fork
- $899.00 – Aileron Wheelset
- $99.00 – Thomson Seatpost
- $99.00 – Thomson Stem
- $249.00 – Thomson Carbon Cyclocross
- $150.00 – WTB Valcon Saddle
- $280.00 – TRP HY-RD Brakes
- $150.00 – Clement X’plor Tires 40mm x 700c
- $36.00 – Truvativ/SRAM Team GXP English Bottom Bracket Gray
- $110.00 – SRAM PG1170 11-Speed 11-36 Cassette
- $46.00 – SRAM PC-1170 11-Speed Chain
- $231.00 – SRAM Force 1 11 Speed X-Horizon Rear Derailleur Medium Cage
- $190.00 – SRAM Force 22/ Force 1 Double-Tap Right Shift/ Brake Lever
- $274.00 – SRAM Force 1 GXP 172.5mm 110 BCD 42T Crankset
- $87.00 – SRAM Force 1 Left Side Drop Bar Brake Lever for Cable Brakes
$4299 at Retail.
However, due to some great OE pricing we get from our supplier/partners we are able to offer a similarly specced Growler in your frame size for $3599.00.
John chose a bit or a different route with his more Road-focused Growler that you can check out here.
We also have the Growler frames available as a combo with a really nice carbon road disc fork here.