This week’s featured bike is a Large, Purple Tatanka. The Tatanka is our most versatile fat-bike made for all riding conditions.
This particular Tatanka frame was fabricated by legendary frame builder, Tom Teesdale, to our specs. The complete bike was actually built up a couple of years ago but never ridden. That said, it has been knocking about the shop and has some minor scuffs and is sporting a 2 x 10 drivetrain that may not be the “in” thing right now but we think the range and versatility of the 2 x 10 setup are a perfect match for this Tatanka.
This bike should fit you well if you are between 5’10” and 6’2”. It may work well outside that range depending on how you like your bike setup.
- Frame – Schlick Cycles Tatanka Large, Clear Vision over Violet Powder-coat
- Fork – White Brothers (MRP) Carbon
- Wheel (Front) – Northpaw 135mm Q/R – 80mm Surly Holy Rolling Darryl Rim, Black Sapim Race Spokes – 135mm Q/R
- Wheel (Rear) – Northpaw 170mm Q/R – 80mm Surly Holy Rolling Darryl Rim, Black Sapim Race Spokes – 170mm Q/R
- Tires – 120tpi 4.0″ 45NRTH Husker Du
- Crankset – SRAM X5 2×10
- Chainrings – 36/24
- Chain – SRAM PC-1051
- Bottom Bracket – Truvative GPX
- Derailleur (Front) – SRAM X9 2×10
- Derailleur (Rear) – SRAM X9 2×10
- Cassette – SRAM PG-1050 12/36
- Handlebar – Thomson 31.8mm MTB Aluminum Trail
- Stem – Thomson 10d x 90mm, 31.8mm Clamp
- Shifters- SRAM X9 2×10
- Brake Levers – Avid Speed Dial 7
- Grips – ODI Lock-On
- Headset – Cane Creek 40-series
- Brake Calipers – Avid BB7
- Brake Rotor (Front) 180mm Avid
- Brake Rotor (Rear) 160mm Avid
- Saddle – WTP Speed V
- Seatpost – 410mm 27.2 Thomson EliteSeat Binder – 29.8 Thomson
- Housing & Cable – Jagwire Ripcord Kits Derailleur and Brake
This Tatanka was originally priced at $3495 we are feeling generous and want someone to enjoy a one-of-a-kind fat-bike for the bargain price of $2200. Make it yours! Contact us at info@schlickcycles and we will set you up!